Filed under: My stuff
The future isn’t what it used to be is a piece I have written that is an attempt to focus on the bigger picture of the world of social media. It does this by making ten semi-serious predictions of what the marketing and communications world could look like in five to ten years time.
- The price of traditional media will be cut in half within 5 years
- The world’s leading media organisations won’t actually produce content
- The 30 second TV ad will live
- The rise of specialists and aggregators
- The death of the brand proposition and the rise of the brand story
- Marketing departments to split into story departments and conversation departments
- The emergence of the category consumer franchise
- The rise of the global micro-brand
- The rise of brand watch communities
- The emergence of Digital Identity Stress and Digital Schizophrenia as recognised medical conditions
Apologies for the length of the article – I hope it stimulates some thinking. I also promise that I will not frequently post my own work to the network!
3 Comments so far
Leave a comment